Mountain Bikes - What to Look For
When you are shopping for mountain bikes, you need to know what to look for, and what is best suited to your personal needs. Are you the kind of rider that likes to take risks? Do you just want to ride for leisure? The kind of rider you plan to be has a direct impact on the type of mountain bike that you need.
It may take you a little while to find the right bike for you, as well as a bike that will fit your budget. Mountain bikes can be quite expensive, depending on what you want. There are many guides that will help you choose the right bike, but the fact of the matter is that you really won’t know for sure until you ride several different mountain bikes yourself.
First determine your price range. Knowing what you can afford will narrow down the list of bikes that are available to you considerably in most cases. Next, think about the type of riding you will be doing, and the type of terrain that you will be doing that riding across. These factors are very important, because you need a bike that can stand up to the riding that you plan to do.
Many bike shops will help you determine what you need in the way of a mountain bike – but many are also out to make a quick buck from an inexperienced mountain biker, so you are better off having some idea as to what you want before you enter the shop. Even after visiting a shop, you should visit several more to make sure that all of the salesmen at all the shops are giving you the same information – if they aren’t, you have to go home and do some research to find out which one to believe.
Mountain bikes can be purchased at a lot of different stores, but the better ones are purchased at bike shops, as opposed to discount stores that carry a little of everything. Start out with a basic bike, and upgrade as you determine what your needs are.
- Click here for RScycle - Not only a wide selection of hot mountain bikes, but also accessories, custom building and more makes this merchant stand out among the crowd.
- Shop JensonUSA.com, click here - Excellent customer service and a wide selection of mountain bike parts, apparel, and accessories, just take a look!
Here we provide you with a list of pages that contain links to all our articles. Check them out!
- Article Directory 1 - This article directory contains articles covering several Mountain bikes issues
- Article Directory 2 - This article directory contains even more articles covering several Mountain bikes issues
- Article Directory 3 - Here you will find several more Mountain bikes related articles
- Article Directory 4 - And, yes you guessed it, even more articles on Mountain bikes and more
The latest news on Mountain bikes you will find below, whenever there's some available...
- Magura releases hydraulic rim brakes for road bikes
When most people think of hydraulic brakes on bicycles, they probably picture modern mountain bikes with disc brakes. As early as 1987, however, German bicycle component manufacturer Magura was making hydraulic rim brakes for mountain bikes. These featured the arms and rubber pads that we currently associate with V-brakes and cantilevers, but they were hydraulically activated. Now, 25 years ...
- Dawes' 2012 road and mountain bikes ? First look
Dawes is a name synonymous with classic British touring bikes and there were plenty of these on display at their 2012 launch, but it was a mountain bike that caught our eye. British riders have been slow to accept the 29er but these big-wheeled machines are here to stay, and at just £599.99, Dawes' new XC29 Disc brings the concept within reach of a lot more people. It could be the ideal bike for ...
- Board opens Hogback to mountain bikes
MARLBORO -- After months of debate and study, the Selectboard has decided to allow mountain bikes on the trails in the Hogback Mountain Conservation area.
- Marlboro's Select Board opens Hogback to mountain bikes
Sunday January 8, 2022 MARLBORO -- After months of debate and study, the Selectboard has decided to allow mountain bikes on the trails in the Hogback Mountain Conservation area. The Hogback Preservation Commission had been looking at the issue for months, and on Nov. 14 the commission unanimously agreed to allow bikes on all of the existing trails within the nearly 600-acre conservation
- Mondraker's 2012 mountain bikes ? First look
Over the past few years, Mondraker's distinctive mountain bikes have been cropping up all over the place. Whether it?s the local trail centre, a World Cup podium or the rugged slopes of Utah for the Red Bull Rampage, the Spanish brand's innovative machines are hard to miss. It was in 2009 when Fabien Barel smoked the competition at the World Cup round in Maribor, Slovenia that people really ...