Mountain Bikes - What to Look For
When you are shopping for mountain bikes, you need to know what to look for, and what is best suited to your personal needs. Are you the kind of rider that likes to take risks? Do you just want to ride for leisure? The kind of rider you plan to be has a direct impact on the type of mountain bike that you need.
It may take you a little while to find the right bike for you, as well as a bike that will fit your budget. Mountain bikes can be quite expensive, depending on what you want. There are many guides that will help you choose the right bike, but the fact of the matter is that you really won’t know for sure until you ride several different mountain bikes yourself.
First determine your price range. Knowing what you can afford will narrow down the list of bikes that are available to you considerably in most cases. Next, think about the type of riding you will be doing, and the type of terrain that you will be doing that riding across. These factors are very important, because you need a bike that can stand up to the riding that you plan to do.
Many bike shops will help you determine what you need in the way of a mountain bike – but many are also out to make a quick buck from an inexperienced mountain biker, so you are better off having some idea as to what you want before you enter the shop. Even after visiting a shop, you should visit several more to make sure that all of the salesmen at all the shops are giving you the same information – if they aren’t, you have to go home and do some research to find out which one to believe.
Mountain bikes can be purchased at a lot of different stores, but the better ones are purchased at bike shops, as opposed to discount stores that carry a little of everything. Start out with a basic bike, and upgrade as you determine what your needs are.
- Click here for RScycle - Not only a wide selection of hot mountain bikes, but also accessories, custom building and more makes this merchant stand out among the crowd.
- Shop JensonUSA.com, click here - Excellent customer service and a wide selection of mountain bike parts, apparel, and accessories, just take a look!
Here we provide you with a list of pages that contain links to all our articles. Check them out!
- Article Directory 1 - This article directory contains articles covering several Mountain bikes issues
- Article Directory 2 - This article directory contains even more articles covering several Mountain bikes issues
- Article Directory 3 - Here you will find several more Mountain bikes related articles
- Article Directory 4 - And, yes you guessed it, even more articles on Mountain bikes and more
The latest news on Mountain bikes you will find below, whenever there's some available...
- Mountain bikes recalled because of crash hazard
About 1,800 mountain bikes sold at Sport Authority have been recalled because of a crash hazard, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- West Branch custom bike builder dies on RAGBRAI
A nationally-known custom bicycle frame builder from West Branch died Monday while riding RAGBRAI. Tom Teesdale, 63, had a heart attack while riding between Terril and Graettinger in northwest Iowa, said Steve McGuire, a University of Iowa professor who was friends with Teesdale and his family. Teesdale was taken to an Emmetsburg hospital, where he died. ?Poetically, he went out while riding his ...
- Mountain Biker Cam Zink to Attempt World-Record Back Flip at Mammoth Mountain
Mammoth Lakes, Calif. -- Mountain Biker Cam Zink is known for going big, but no one, Zink included, has ever tried to go this big. On August 21st Zink will look to make history live on ESPN's "World ...
- Keep bikes off East Coast Trail: Torbay mayor
Cyclists and hikers have been arguing whether or not mountain bikes should be allowed on the East Coast Trail, and now the mayor of Torbay says bikers have caused enough trouble on private paths in his town. Many parts of the East Coast Trail are part of a protected conservation area, but Torbay Mayor Ralph Tapper said people haven't been treating it as such. "We've got quads, we've got ...
- Mountain bike trails go with the flow
BOISE, Idaho - Mountain biking started on hiking trails, then trails were later built with bikes in mind.